The name of the Club shall be THE CAVALIER KING CHARLES SPANIEL CLUB OF NORTH TEXAS
The objective of the Club shall be:
(a)to encourage and promote quality in breeding of pure-bred Cavalier King Charles Spaniels and do everything possible to bring their natural qualities to perfection.
(b)to urge members and breeders to accept the standard of the breed as approved by the American Kennel Club as the only standard of excellence by which the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel shall be judged.
(c)to do all in its power to protect and advance the interests of the breed and to encourage sportsmanlike competition at dog shows, obedience and agility trials.
(d)to conduct sanctioned matches, specialty shows, obedience and agility trials under the rules and Regulations of the American Kennel Club.
The Club shall not be conducted or operated for profit and no part of any profits or remainder or residue from dues or donations to the club shall inure to the benefit of any member or individual.
The members of the Club shall adopt and may, from time to time, revise such bylaws as may be required to carry out these objectives.
1. Each member of the club will maintain accurate, complete and up to date records in accordance with AKC Rules and Regulations.
2. Each member shall seek to do selective breeding with the intent of enhancing the soundness and improving the quality of their stock. No member will intentionally cross breed.
3. When owning a brood bitch, members will not breed her before she reaches eighteen (18) months of age or three seasons and then only breed if she is sufficiently mature and in excellent health; nor allow a bitch to whelp more than two (2) litters in three consecutive seasons; nor allow a bitch to carry to term and rear more than six (6) litters in her lifetime or before the age of eight (8) years, whichever comes first.
4. No member shall knowingly sell or supply Cavaliers for auctions, raffles, pet shops, pet shop wholesale brokers, or other such enterprises, nor to an individual known to sell to pet shops or wholesalers. No member shall sell puppies in litter lots nor broker puppies themselves.
5. Puppies not sold as a show/breeding prospect shall be sold or placed with a spay/neuter agreement or with a limited registration. This concept shall be relayed to any person using a member's stud dog.
6. No member shall knowingly sell or supply a stud service to a pet shop or wholesaler or to a person known to sell to pet shops or wholesalers.
7. No puppy should be released to a new home prior to eight (8) weeks of age and without proper inoculations relative to age, including dates and type given.
8. No member shall speak or write dishonorably nor deliberately seek to impair the reputation or character of another member.
9. All members are strongly encouraged to have heart, eye, hip and patella health clearances prior to breeding any bitch or dog.
10. No member shall advertise puppies/dogs for sale in newspapers or internet classified sites.